Depending on what type of circle skirt you are making, there may be more pieces involved. Below, I’ve outlined how to construct a circle skirt. For more on drafting the pattern, see here.
- Cut out the pieces and the facing.
- Stay stitch the top of each skirt piece just inside where the seam line will be with a 1.8 length stitch.
- Interface the facing and the seam line of the skirt where the zipper will go.
- Serge the side seams of the skirt and the facing. *If side seams are on the bias, increase the STITCH LENGTH on the serger from 1.0 to 1.5 to prevent rippling seams. Press well with steam.
- Sew on the zipper.
- Sew the rest of the pieces together at the side seams.
- Attach the facing.
- Understitch the facing to the seam allowance. Press well.
- Let hang for at least 24 hours to allow hem to balance out. Adjust hem of skirt to make it even, if needed. Hem entire skirt.